Monday, May 16, 2011

wow! wow! wow! Fanciest Dinner I've Ever Had! And Other Cool Things

First off, two weekends ago I had dinner with my level 3 classmates.  It was really fun to all get together again, since I don't have class with any of them anymore... ㅠㅠ
We ended up going to the Italian Plate in Sinchon. I thought it'd be fun because the waiter there is really friendly and loves meeting foreigners, which is exactly what all of my classmates are. haha.
Almost everyone who is still in Korea made it, which was great!
And the waiter was so nice!!! and gave us two free pizzas!! wow!


After dinner, 위숭 WeeSung and I wandered around Sinchon for a bit.  I bought my first lotto ticket in Korea.  We had an entire chapter in our level 4 book about winning the lotto in Korea! However, sadly, I didn't win. Boo.



I also went to OKitchen in Itaewon for dinner with a few friends.  My friend HyunJeong's friend's boyfriend (its sounds more complicated than it is) works there in the kitchen.  When she invited Nik and I, I had no idea what kind of restaurant this was going to be.  I mean, there is anything and everything in Itaewon.

YunJin (her bf works at the restaurant) and HyunJeong
Nik and me

We were having trouble deciding on what to order on the menu... So, one of the waiters came over and said they would chose for us and bring us out some things.  Okay, sounds like a plan, right?
That is how we ended up with a 9 course meal!!! Plus, a dessert platter.  Dang.

Luckily, we shared each course 4 ways. I definitely tried some foods I would not normally eat.  The owner of the restaurant is Japanese, and I think his wife is Korean. So, the food is kind of a fusion of Japanese, Korean, and Europeans flavors.  We even had chipotle in something! So, I guess Mexican too!

Course 1
 bunch of different types of fish and sushi 

Course 2


 pretty sure those are crayfish (with mango chutney)... 
- I saw them for sale a few days later at a fish market

Course 3
 glazed duck and potatoes

 Course 4
sausage, potatoes, and wine soaked apples 

Course 5
tart and grapefruit/orange salad

 Course 6 
 Pesto risotto with prosciutto

Course 7
Oops... forgot to take a picture before we started eating... Spaghetti with duck sausage and pulled duck

Course 8
steak and caviar. what else is there to say? 

Course 9
Salmon: very reminiscent of my Bubby's salmon!! It was rubbed with dill and had cucumbers and sour cream as a bedding, which I think my mom and Bubby would really have appreciated.  

We also got wine, San Pellegriono water, and dessert!!!!  We tried to pay at the end, but they wouldn't accept any money!!! Yikes... I actually felt really bad because they gave us sooo much food!    
Definitely the first, and probably last time (for at least a long while) I will eat like that.  ^_^


 Dessert Platter

 HyunJeong~ ^^
 YunJin's bf came out to say hi

After dinner, we rolled ourselves to the subway station and went home.

 on the subway ride home

No comments: